- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Mount Cameroon Savannah hike (1 day)
1 day tour – Hike to the savannah of Mount Cameroon through its rich equatorial rainforest with unique and endemic birds and animal species like the Mount Cameroon Francolin, Mount Cameroon Speirops, the Cameroon climbing mouse, mountain chameleon. You can spot some of these animals, birds and insects on this tour. Enjoy the mountene and savannah vegetations; take your lunch at the savannah with a beautiful quite view below.
Duration; 1 day
Group Size: Minimum 1-45 People
Starting elevation; 1,015m.
Maximum elevation; 2,300m.
Starting location; Your hotel in Buea.
Ending location; Your hotel in Buea.
Individual price = €120
Extra person price = €50 (ie 2 people costs €170)
- Please bring a good pair of hiking boots, a Camera for pictures.
- You are welcome to carry your own daypack containing supplies you will need during the day.
This is a short trek for those on a tight timeline. We will discover the vegetation of Mount Cameroon and spot the plethora of birds in the region. We will hike through the forest at the base of Mount Cameroon to Hut #1 and onto the Savannah (elevation: 2200m) which is mainly grass with very few trees and you can see the towns of Buea, Limbe, the Atlantic Ocean and much more. There is beautiful backdrop for photographers.
Distance: 10km total (5km up and 5km down)
- A professional and qualified tour guide
- Porter (optional)
- Fees to the Mt Cameroon National park
- Transportation for the traveller, guide and porters from the duration of the tour
- Fruits, snacks and water on the mountain, 2 bottles of mineral water for each traveller(3 litters)
- Transport before and after tour
- Extra drinking water in excess of the 3 litres provided on the hike.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing