- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Mount Cameroon Guinness Race Track (4 days 3 nights)
The Guinness Mount Cameroon International Race takes place every February and draws an international audience. Runners and tourists come from all the corners of the world to take participate in or witness this event. Runners depart from the Molyko Omnispor stadium in Buea to the Upper Farms and onto Hut #1, #2 and #3. Eventually they summit (elevation: 4095m) before descending the mountain using the same route.
This tour gives you the opportunity to hike and descend on the same trail used by the runners.
This is our highest summit success route.
Duration; 4 days 3 nights
Group Size: 1-35 People
Difficulty: Moderate/less strenuous.
Starting elevation; 1,015m
Maximum elevation; 4,095m.
Starting location; Your hotel in Buea.
Ending location; Your hotel in Buea.
Individual price = €550
Extra person price = €250 (ie 2 people costs €800)
- Please bring a good pair of hiking boots, a flash light.
- Warm clothing and rain gear is advised, as the weather and climbing conditions can change at any moment.
- A strong level of fitness is required for the trek and a walking stick is recommended
- You will need to supply your own backpack for the porter to carry directly to the campsite each day. You are welcome to carry your own daypack containing supplies you will need during the day.
- Day 1: Arrival and acclimatization day, meet local team.
We neither receive you at the Douala international airport or any other location of your choice in Douala and Limbe. We prepare for the hike.
Accommodation; Hotel Mermoz Buea
- Day 2; Hike from Buea 1015m through the dense forest and savannah to hut #2 (2825m)
We will drive to the Upper Farms (elevation: 1015m) where we start the hike through the forest to Hut #1 (1725m and 4km trek) and onto the savannah. From here we hike to Hut #2 (elevation: 2825m 6.5km trek) where we spend the night.
Accommodation: Beds at Fako mountain lodge Hut 2 .Meals: Breakfast and Dinner. Distance: Upper Farms to Hut #2 is 6.5km
- Day 3: Summit attempt day, we hike from hut 2#(2,825m) to the summit(4100m). We also visit the eruption crater of the year 2000.
After breakfast, we depart for Hut #3 (elevation: approx 3760m and 9.4km trek) where we are able to see the May 2000 eruption crater. Then we hike to the summit (elevation: 4095m and 4.4km trek from hut #2) after some pictures we will descend back to Hut 2 to spend another night. The tour ends when we get back to the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner Distance: 8.8kmkm - Hut #2 to the summit is 4.4km and another 4.4 km descend)
- Day 4; Descending from hut 2 back to the town of Buea.
After breakfast we shall descend from hut #2 to Upper farms Buea, passing through hut #1. Distance is 6.5km descend. End of tour.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch Distance: 6.5km descend
- Experienced First-Aid certified local guide
- All fees to the Mt Cameroon National park
- Accommodation;– 2 nights at Fako mountain lodge hut 2.
- Transportation to and from the start point of the tour.
- Food and water for the duration of the tour (Breakfast on Day 2 & 3, Lunch on Day 2 & 3, Dinner on Day 1 & 2+ snacks & fruits) –Simple meals cooked over an open fire during the trek –and snacks for lunch
- 6 bottles of mineral water for each traveller(9 litters)
- Lunch(buy snacks)
- Tips to guide, porters and other staffs.
Add a review
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
David De Clercq– :
Great team and fun atmosphere made this an adventure to remember! Highly recommended 🙂
Our time with Ecotour Guides was fantastic! As a group of 4 friends, we were hoping to get up to Mt. Cameroon but didn’t have much time for our adventure. Peter got in contact with us via Whatsapp and we were able to arrange everything beforehand, he even helped us to get a cheap transfer to Buea. When we got there, things were already in place for our hike, Peter and the guides were wonderful companions and made the whole experience outstanding in the most positive way! Spending the night up at the mountain was an incredible experience, thank you for organizing everything so well and taking care of us!
Severine Beeckman– :
We had a great trip with amazing guides. Peter and his team are professional and work hard to give tourists an amazing trip they will never forget. They read body language from tourists allowing them to keep little breaks at the right time. They know how to keep a good spirit during the walks. Our group was devided in two (fast and slow walkers) but the guides managed to keep us together every time we had to eat or sleep. The food we had was good. The places we slept were beautiful!
The views during the walk are phenomenal and breathtaking. It gave me beautiful pictures with wonderful memories. 🙂