- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Yaoundé City Tour (2 days 1 night)
Highlights; Visit Monuments of Re-unification and independence monuments, Mefou National park to view primates, Mvog Betsi zoo to discover it’s rich wildlife, Ebogo Ecotourism site and the national museum and the craft center in Yaoundé.
Difficulty ; Moderate.
Tour starts; Yaoundé or Douala.
Tour ends; Yaoundé.
Mode of transportation; Private car with AC.
Individual price = €495
Extra person price = €195 (ie 2 people costs €690)
Day 1: We visit the national museum. This museum displaying historical & cultural items from the area, including tribal relics.
- Reunification Monument, Yaoundé, Cameroon. It was constructed in the 1970s to memorialize the post-colonial merging of British and French Cameroon. Located in Yaoundé. Overnight at hotel.
- We shall visit the handicraft centre. The Handicraft Centre has been initiated by Government to promote the country’s craft work so as create direct or indirect employment. Here you can buy some crafts
- We visit the Independence Monument, marking the independence of Cameroon in 1960.
- We visit the Zoo of Mvog betsi, The Mvog-Betsi Zoo is administered by the Ministry of Forestry and Fauna (MINFOF) (formerly the Ministry of Environments and Forests (MINEF)) in Cameroon. Ape Action Africa has taken responsibility for the care of the primates at the zoo. Animals here include;- Agile Mangabey, Baboon, De Brazza's monkey, Drill, Mandrill, Grey-cheeked mangabey, Tantalus monkey, Patas monkey, Putty-nosed monkey, Red-cappedmangabey, Lion and more.
We check into the hotel for the night.
* Accommodation; Hotel room ( Double occupancy). Meals; Lunch and Dinner
- Day 2; After breakfast we shall drive to the community of Ebogo-Yaoundé, we shall stop by to visit Mefou National park before we continue to the Ebogo ecotourism site. There is a difference between a Zoo and Mefou National Park.
- Mefou National park is unique, besides being one of the best attractions of Yaoundé city. It's a place that is always trying to ensure primates' safety. There are a lot of nature trails and see the best way to protect monkey’s gorillas and chimpanzee. They are not in a cage. This is an ape rehabilitation and sanctuary run by an organization called Ape Action Africa. The apes, which include some mandrills, as well as lowland gorillas, chimpanzees, and some smaller species of monkeys too.
- We drive to the village of Ebogo where we visit the Ebogo Ecotourism site, we sail on the river Nyong and visit the tree believe to be the oldest in Cameroon, its estimated to be 1000 years old. We enjoy great view while sailing downstream with different varieties of colourful bird species on the banks of the river. We shall have a short walk into the forest to discover the different tree varieties with some having high medicinal values. We shall drive back to Yaounde and the tour ends when we drop you off at your address in Yaounde.
. End of tour.
– Transportation hired car with driver.
– Guides on sites.
– All fees on sites including Camera fees.
– Hotel accommodation for days 1 and 2. (2 persons per room).
– meals as describe on the itinerary.
– Personal miscellaneous like drinks, souvenirs and more.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing