- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Mount Cameroon Summit & Craters Tour (4 Days/3 Nights)
This tour is designed for those who desire to reach the summit and descend the mountain through a different route. The route is less steep and offers impressive views of the most recent eruption craters of Mount Cameroon (from 1999 and 2000). We will camp at Mann’s Spring Camp on Day 2. This tour serves as an alternative to the Guinness Race Tour and offers an opportunity to discover the beautiful landscape and lava formations which are not found on the Guinness race trail.
Duration; 4 days 3 nights
Group Size: 1-25 People
Starting elevation; 1,015m
Maximum Elevation; 4,095m.
Starting location; Upper Farms- Buea.
Ending location; Bokwoango village in Buea.
Package Cost: Starting from 305 Euros per Person 280
Individual price = €585
Extra person price = €280 (ie 2 people costs €865)
- Please bring a good pair of hiking boots, a flash light.
- Warm clothing and rain gear is advised, as the weather and climbing conditions can change at any moment.
- A strong level of fitness is required for the trek and a walking stick is recommended
- You will need to supply your own backpack for the porter to carry directly to the campsite each day. You are welcome to carry your own daypack containing supplies you will need during the day.
- The porter can carry your equipment on the trek, but please be advised that you they cannot carry more than 8kg of your belongings as they will be carrying food, cooking utensils and sleeping equipment.
- Day 1: Arrival and acclimatization day, meet our team.
We shall receive you neither in Douala, Buea or Limbe. We shall drive to Buea where you shall check in at hotel Mermoz Buea. We prepare for the hike.
*Accommodation; Hotel Mermoz. Meals; Dinner.
- Day 2; Hike from Buea 1015m through the dense forest and savannah to hut #2 (2825m)
We will drive to the Upper Farms (elevation: 1015m) where we start the hike through the forest to Hut #1 (1725m and 4km trek) and onto the Savannah. From here we hike to Hut #2 (elevation: 2825m 6.5km trek).
Accommodation: A night at Fako mountain lodge Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Distance: Upper Farms to Hut #2 is 6.5km
- Day 3: Hike to the summit(4100m), visit the impressive eruption craters of 1999 and 2000 and trek through cooled lava with impressive hills and beautiful flowers.
After breakfast, we hike to hut #3 (elevation: 3760m) where we will have lunch. On the way towards the summit, we will pass the crater of the May 2000 eruption. At the summit (elevation: 4095m), we will have an opportunity to take some pictures. After, we will descend to the other side of the mountain to Camp #2 (elevation: 3420m). The entire trail is made up of volcanic black sand from the summit. From Camp #2 to Camp #1. The impressive March 1999 eruption craters are only a few hundred meters away. We will then descend for Mann’s spring camp (elevation: 2440m), which is at the start of the forest.
Accommodation: A night at Mann’s spring lodge. Meals: Breakfast and Dinner. Distance: From hut #2 to summit is 4.4km and from the summit to Mann’s Spring Camp is 12.1km descend. Total 16.5km
Day 4: Descend back to Bokwoango village which is close to Buea.
After breakfast, we start our descent from Mann’s spring to the Savannah. We will trek through the dense forest to Bokwoango village (elevation: 950m) passing through farms owned by locals who cultivate coco yam (used for preparing “kwa-coco” a staple food for the Bakweri tribe who inhabit this region). From Bokwoango village, we will be transported to the hotel in Buea where the tour ends.
Meals: Breakfast Distance: From Mann’s Spring Camp Bokwoango Village is about 13km.
- Experienced First-Aid certified tour guide
- All fees to the Mt Cameroon National park
- Accommodation; 1 night at Fako mountain lodge hut Two and a night at night at Mann’s spring lodge( shared accommodation)
- Transportation to and from the hotel to Upper farms.
- Food and water for the duration of the tour (Breakfast on Day 2 & 3, Lunch on Day 2 & 3, Dinner on Day 1 & 2+ fruits) –Simple meals cooked over an open fire during the trek –and snacks for lunch
- 6 bottles of mineral water for each traveller(9 litres)
- Personal miscellaneous like drinks.
- Lunch (buy your snacks)
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing