- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
– Palaces & Museum’s;
- Foumban sultanate.
- Chiefdoms of Dschang, Baham, Bapa, Batoufam, Bayamgam, Baleng and Bandjoun chiefdoms.
- Civilization museum of Dschang; the museum tells the story of Cameroon and how it came about to be. It goes through the migration of tribes across the country and how each Kingdom or region is unique along with the history of the colonial period and the origin of some of the tribes
– Mountains; –
- Mt Manengouba(2,600m), also has a hike to the twin lakes found some 2,410m above sea level(male and female lake)
- Mt Nlonako in Nkongsamba(1840m), has many beautiful waterfalls and some wildlife. This is home to the endemic “Goliath frog”, this frog is found only on this mountain and one other area in Equatorial Guinea. This hike is similar to crayoning
- Mt Mbapit in Foumbot(1,998m and has a lake near the summit)
- Mt Bamboutos in Mbouda(2,820m).
- And many other beautiful hills and landscapes.
– Waterfalls; Ekom -Nkam waterfall(Nkongsamba), Metche waterfall(Baffoussam) and other waterfalls on Mt Nlonako Nkongsamba.
-Lakes; Dschang municipal lake, Lake Baleng-Baffoussam, the twin male and female lakes on Mt Manengouba and Lake Mfou on Mt Mbapit.
– Art; Foumban craft market, all the Palaces we have to visit, the museum of civilisation in Dschang, Pottery and arts in Foumbot.
Western grassland people of Cameroon(Bamelike)
This tour enables you to discover the culture and tradition of the grassland people (Bamelike people) of Cameroon. The Bamelike and the Bamouns are the two main tribes in this region. We shall visit all the palaces found in this region and each host a museum which showcase their history and cultural background. The ruler of a Bamelike palace is a chief while in Foumban (Bamouns) is a Sultanate ruled by a Sultan.
Foumban (Bamouns); – is a city in Cameroon lying north east of Baffousam, it has a population of about 90,000. The Bamoun people are the local inhabitants. Foumban is known for its political significance in the formation of Cameroons history. The town is home to the Foumban Royal palace and it’s ruled by a Sultanate, home to museum of traditional arts and culture, a big market and a craft center. The Museum of Arts and culture in Bamoun has extensive collections which are exhibition on Bamoun history , cooking implements, pipes, statues, gongs, musical instruments. The Rue des Artisans is home to sculptors, basket makers, weavers. It’s one of the best places in the Central African region to buy wood carvings.
Language Offered; English and French
- Base price €700 /per person 465
Transportation; 4*4 cars.
Starting Location; Douala, Yaounde, Limbe or Buea.( Hotel/airport pickup).
End location; Douala or Yaoundé(Hotel/airport drop off).
Individual price = €1165.
Extra person price = €465 (ie 2 people costs €1630)
Requirements to Participate:
- This is a private tour, so only your group will participate.
- Open to all age groups.
- Travellers with low physical levels are welcome.
- Available for all weather conditions,
- Not recommended for travellers on wheelchair and travellers with back problems.
- Day 1; Douala - Ekom Nkam Waterfall - Dschang Civilisation Museum - Baffoussam
We depart from Buea, Limbe nor Douala. We shall drive to Melong and visit the Ekom Nkam waterfalls. Ekom Nkam waterfall – Home of Tarzan. The area is characterized by Green forest, diverse wildlife. It has a dual cascade of 82m high. Location was chosen for Tarzans home in 1984 film grey stoke, “The Legend of Tarzan”, Lord of the Apes”. We later drive to Dschang and visit the Civilization museum of Dschang. The museum tells the story of Cameroon and how it came about to be. It goes through the migration of tribes across the country and how each Kingdom or region is unique along with the history of the colonial period and the origin of some of the tribes. The Dschang municipal lake is found in front of the Museum, We drive to Baffoussam and check into hotel.
- Day 2: Baleng chiefdom – Metchie waterfall – Foumban Sultanate- Koutaba
After breakfast we visit the Baleng chiefdom, we visit its palace and museum. We later visit the lake Baleng before driving to visit the Metche waterfall. Before heading to Foumban, while in Foumban we visit the Sultan palace, museum, art market and the general market. We drive to Koutaba and check in at Paradise hotel Koutaba.
- Day 3; Koutaba- Baham and Bandjoun Chiefdoms- Baffoussam
We return and drive towards Baffoussam to visit the Chiefdom of Bandjoun, we visit its palace and museum. We later continue to the Baham palace where we also visit the Museum and palace. We return to Baffoussam and check into the Hotel..
Day 4; Baffoussam- Bapa Chiefdom- Batoufam Chiefdom- Yaounde
After breakfast we drive to the Bapa Chiefdom, this chiefdom has a good museum and the architectures of the palace are very beautiful with many carvings. We later drive to the Baffoussam-Yaounde highway, we shall stop by the Batoufam Chiefdom to visit its Palace and museum before heading to Yaounde. Upon arrival in Yaounde we shall drop you off at the Yaounde international airport or at you hotel in Yaounde. END OF TOUR.
Note; You shall have all your time to rest and take pictures
- please contact us for your customise itinerary ranging from 3-8 days.
- Transportation for the whole trip 4×4 car.
- Professional tour guide (English/French speaking)
- Guides on the sites we have to visit.
- All entrance fees including camera fees.
- Food (3 breakfast, 4 lunch 3 dinner)
- Mineral water and fruits daily.
- Accommodation for the whole trip (4 nights on basis of 2 per room)
- Personal miscellaneous like drinks, lunch.
- Tips to guides and other staffs
- Personal insurance.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing